How the Certified Cloud Security Engineer (C|CSE) Program Helps Close the Skills Gap
As the world moves towards cloud-first processes, organizations are increasingly looking for cloud security professionals to protect their data and applications. EC-Council’s Certified Cloud Security Engineer (C|CSE) program is a unique cloud security certification that teaches both vendor-neutral and vendor-specific skills. The C|CSE gives an edge to professionals already working in or planning to move into the cloud security domain. In this article, we’ll look at why this certification is so important and how it can help close the skills gap.
The Cloud Security Landscape
The cloud security landscape is constantly evolving, with new threats and vulnerabilities discovered every day. A 2019 report by Right Scale revealed that 94% of enterprises had adopted cloud services, and that number is only likely to grow in the coming years. As businesses move more of their applications and data to the cloud, it’s becoming increasingly essential to have a team of professionals skilled in securing cloud environments. The C|CSE certification helps fill this skills gap by teaching crucial cloud security concepts, such as:
- Identity and access management
- Data security
- Vulnerability scanning
- Penetration testing
How the Cloud Skills Gap Is Impacting the Industry
The skills gap is a significant challenge in the IT industry today. Some of the primary reasons for this are the rapid pace of change in technology, the increasing demand for specialized skills, and the lack of qualified professionals. This skills gap is impacting the industry in many ways, including:
- Higher IT costs as businesses are forced to hire contractors or outsource to fill the skills gap
- Increased risk of data breaches (ID Agent, 2021) and other cyberattacks as organizations struggle to secure their cloud environments
- Lower employee productivity and morale as skilled employees are overworked or take on multiple roles
- Reduced competitiveness and innovation as businesses fail to keep up with the latest technologies
How the C|CSE Helps Close the Skills Gap
EC-Council’s C|CSE certification program helps close this skills gap by providing essential cloud security training to current and aspiring cybersecurity professionals. The program teaches participants skills and knowledge relevant for all major cloud providers, including:
- Best practices for securing cloud infrastructures
- Incident response in the cloud
- Forensics in cloud infrastructures
- Standards and compliance in cloud environments
This comprehensive coverage ensures that professionals who earn the C|CSE certification are well equipped to secure their organizations’ cloud environments.
Designed to Meet the Needs of Employers and EmployeesEmployers benefit from having a team of skilled professionals who can secure their cloud environment. In addition, employees can benefit from increased job security and career growth opportunities through earning a C|CSE certification
Comprehensive, Vendor-Neutral CurriculumWith its vendor-neutral curriculum, the C|CSE program is designed to provide essential cloud security skills to all professionals, regardless of their experience level or the cloud providers they use. Vendors such as Amazon, Microsoft, and Google constantly update their cloud platforms with new features and security enhancements, so professionals need to stay up to date on the latest changes.
Program Taught by Qualified Expert InstructorsEC Council instructors are experienced professionals with a wealth of knowledge in cloud security. These instructors are well equipped to teach the latest cloud security concepts and trends and use their real-world experience to deliver an engaging and comprehensive curriculum.
Foundation for a Career in Cloud SecurityWith a C|CSE certification, cybersecurity professionals will have the expertise to make the shift to cloud security. The C|CSE course covers a wide range of essential topics, including governance, incident response, risk management, cloud security infrastructure, and more. The program also includes a practical hands-on component, allowing students to apply their skills in a real-world environment.
Globally Recognized Training
The C|CSE certification is backed by EC-Council, a globally recognized and accredited institution that is one of the world’s leading cybersecurity education and training providers.
Cutting-Edge Curriculum Aligned with Industry Practices and StandardsThe C|CSE program is based on the latest industry best practices and standards. This ensures that students learn the newest cloud security concepts and techniques and are well prepared to secure organizations’ cloud environments.
Benefits of Earning a C|CSE Certification
There are many benefits of earning the C|CSE certification. Some of these include:
- Increased job opportunities. As the demand for skilled cloud security professionals continues to grow, those who hold the C|CSE certification will have an edge over their competition.
- More significant career growth potential. The C|CSE certification can help you move up the corporate ladder and take on more senior roles.
- Enhanced skills and knowledge. The C|CSE program provides training in essential cloud security concepts so that you can stay ahead of the latest threats and vulnerabilities.
- Quick training and exam process. The C|CSE training program can be completed in around 5 days, with the final exam lasting approximately 4 hours.
How C|CSE-Certified Professionals Can Benefit Businesses
Cloud security is currently one of the most in-demand skills on the market. The cloud security market is predicted to reach $1.5 billion by 2027 as businesses move more and more of their applications, data, and infrastructure to the cloud (Fortune Business Insights, 2020).
Businesses can benefit from employing C|CSE-certified professionals in several ways:
- Reduced risk: C|CSE-certified professionals have comprehensive knowledge of cloud security best practices and standards and are therefore equipped to defend an organization’s data and systems against malicious actors.
- Improved compliance: With more businesses moving their operations to the cloud, it is increasingly essential to comply with relevant industry regulations (Aggarwal, 2021). C|CSEs understand how to secure an organization’s cloud environment to meet compliance requirements.
- Faster deployment times: Thanks to their understanding of how to securely deploy applications and infrastructure in a cloud environment, C|CSE-certified professionals can help businesses save time and money.
- Reduced costs: Cloud security solutions can be expensive, but companies can reduce their overall spending on cybersecurity with the right personnel in place.
Build a Career in Cloud Security
EC-Council’s C|CSE program is essential for anyone who wants to build a career in cloud security. The program provides training in crucial cloud security concepts, leaving participants ready to secure any organization’s cloud environment.
If you’re looking to move into the exciting world of cloud security, the C|CSE program is an essential next step. For more information, visit the C|CSE program page today.
Aggarwal, G. (2021, July 21). Security and compliance tools and strategies for the cloud. Forbes. Retrieved February 22, 2022,from
Fortune Business Insights. (2020). Cloud security market size, share & COVID-19 impact analysis. https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/cloud-security-market-102427
ID Agent. (2021, August 6). Why are cloud data breaches up by more than a third? Retrieved February 22, 2022, from https://www.idagent.com/blog/why-are-cloud-data-breaches-up-by-more-than-a-third/